Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Deep Sighs

I don't want to go back to work. I am sitting here at Cafe O Farol, sipping cha preto (black tea) and contemplating my future. I thought i would miss working. I don't. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could support myself on the beaches of Portugal i would appreciate any suggestions. I am even wiling to give up good tea to be here. Those of you who know me know that is a big sacrifice. Portugal is a coffee culture. My love of tea is a handicap here. Not as big a handicap as not speaking Portuguese. I think I would have more friends if I could communicate a little more clearly. Hand gestures, charades, and phrase books can only take you so far.
A note of thanks to RcSdC for having an unprotected wireless connection by the cafe. Please don't read this and take away my tenuous connection with the cyberworld.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if tea is your only worry right now i wanna be you!!!

Anonymous said...

well thank goodness you don't have horny to add to your list..