Thursday, August 09, 2007

chengdu

 
We are here in Chengdu.  It is great.  We had the best meal we have eaten here.  Turns out one of the dishes we ordered translates to Kung  Pou Chicken.  Who knew.  When we were in Datong we had a soup made by boiling rabbit head.  That seems to have caught up with me.  I am now on The Pink.  Here is hoping that everything slows down a little.  We had a great time in the last city.  Not sure what it is called now.  I will have to follow up with that later.  We saw a Chinese Tung Opera and some crazy bamboo flutes and drums.  Then we had a dumpling dinner.  The dumplings in Vancouver have been better.  Although the pumpkin one was great.  The city is Xi'an.  I liked it a lot, but it was odd having read Confessions before made me more cautions about my opinions. 
We saw a rock show in a park today.  The band was excited about having tourists there and played a song in english.  Dad was confused, because he could understand what they were saying.  Then we all went to Starbucks.  I hand it to globalization.  It may destroy culture, but it brought a great toilet.  Treesa went earlier and regretted it.  Her experience included no walls, no TP, no dignity...  I got my one stall and what could pass as a sitter (Yeah me).  Mine was a 6 dressed up as a nine. Treesa's was a 0 dressed up as a 0.

No comments: