Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jennie

-Hello

-Hi Treena. We lost her today.

-I'm sorry Andrea. How are you doing?

-I'm okay. She went peacefully. The funeral will be either Friday or Saturday. I'll let you know when things are confirmed.

Jennie introduced me to angel food cake. For two years, once a month my parents and I would drive to Vancouver. I would spend the week in the hospital undergoing chemo. Jennie would make me a congratulations your week of chemo angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. She and Norm, her husband would host all the Vancouver family for a heading out of town dinner.

Board games. Badminton. Bar-b-que. Angle food cake.

It was always a celebration. Making it through the month, making it through chemo, and finding ourselves together again, eating laughing and to celebrate living.

Good-bye.

No comments: