Friday, January 25, 2008

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I think my boyfriend and I broke up today. Guess I should tell you a little bit about him. Kootenay and I met him on the beach. We stand out in Nazare. People here don’t often play with their dogs. The dogs run around and then check back at their owners a few times during the day. Add the fact that I “play” with my dog and I walk around with her on leash and we stand out….

People along the seawall have become intrigued with my ball chucker.

He came up and tried to ask about it. He wanted to try it. So we stood there and “chatted”. What I mean by chatting is that we exchanged the few words I know in Portuguese and the few that he knew in English, and then we smiled and watched Kootenay run up and down the beach.

We ran into each other at the community center the next day. He started walking me home and then I would get K and we would all trek to the beach for some dog exercise time. It was nice.

But, tonight some young hussy came and took him away. He looked at me gave me a little smile and shrugged his shoulders as he left with her. I guess that is what happens when your boyfriend is 12 and he is more interested in your dog than you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Men are tramps...anything to do with ball play attracts them...its a Freudian thing:)