Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They Came They Saw They Conquered

They made it. The family finally got to see where I have been hiding for the past year. After a long flight from Canada to London the made the hop to Lisbon, rented a van (big enough for all the tourists in Nazare) and drove to see me.
Kootenay and I were walking through the plaza when we saw them. We were both happy to see them. I think my dog may be tired of hanging out with just me.
While they were visiting we swam in the Atlantic, ate fantastic seafood, and heard some great music.
Aisha managed to drink her first legal beer, taste a great sangria, have a mojito, and get kissed by a cute european musician. She did more exciting things in her first two days than I did in my first six months. Look out cute euro-boys i need to catch up.
We hit Obidos a small walled town for an afternoon of tourist pictures and some cheese, bread, olives, and various other tapas. Yummy. The portuguese do a great bread, and their cheese is pretty good as well.
After an amazing dinner at Maria de Mar, which consisted of a cod boullaibasse, shimp in lemon and garlic sauce, sardines (bigger than you would expect), pork alentejana, and wine Aisha, Jerry and myself went to Ta Bar to see a friend play some music. You can google him at Blister music. He is pretty talented. Check him out.
I was reminded how small a town Nazare was, there was long hair, bad hair, dalmatian dad, and Maria who cooked us dinner all in the same room. Maria even sent us over a round of drinks. Aisha can't seem to keep off the beer now. She seems to be channelling her mom.
We are now in Milan, but my internet time is running out so you will have to wait a day or so until you hear about it. Just a sneak peak tough.... it includes amazing pizza, large beers and rude waiters....

No comments: