Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tourist Trolling

Kootenay and I take our big walk in the evenings now. There are so many people here that night is the only time when we can get anywhere near the beach. This has exposed us to a whole new group of people. Here are a few answers to the questions I have been most consistently asked over the past three weeks.

Sorry. I don’t speak a lot of Portuguese. Falar um pouco de portugues

We are from Canada.

I have seen a bit of Portugal. Alentejo, Comibra, Lisboa, Porto, Tavira, Fatima

I am not really comfortable walking in the forest at night with someone I don’t really know.

Tell your Mom thanks, but I have already eaten dinner.

Honestly we have met a few times already.

Yeah. I am the girl with the dog.

Ahhh. When you asked me if I wanted a little Portuguese I mis-understood. I thought you were talking about dinner.

I don’t really see Canadians as being that culturally repressed.

No. Thank you. It was a flattering proposal.

Really people do that in the tents at night?

Ha. Ha. (uncomfortable interjection)

I understand what puta means…

I said your phone was fancy. Not that you were my fantasy. But….

2 comments:

ana b said...

Fancy, fantasy.... all the same!
ahahahahah

Anonymous said...

those are very funny...!!!Cassie's Mom