Friday, June 24, 2011

Under What? Underwear

It is so disappointing.

I found a new pair of underwear. Try them on. They fit. Their comfy. They don't have holes in them, like the ones I'm wearing at the moment. The waist doesn't come up so high that it shows under everything I wear. (damn i wish the waist on jeans was just a bit higher. not mom jeans high, but just a smidge higher.)

So I buy six pairs, go home and start throwing away all the old pairs that time has been unkind to. Once I start tossing the old ones ID get excited. On the first pass I toss out those with obvious flaws.

Hole in the waist bad. Gone.

Bleach stain. You're out.

Stretched into unrecognizable shape. Toss.

Then the second pass through the drawer and still more go to the bin.

These ones ride up. Bin 'em.

These ones are ugly. Garbage.

These ones are unlucky. Out. Out. Out.

Now morning is here. I shower with anticipation. I'll be clean. New panties. It's going to be a good day.

Then I run for the bus. The waist band start rolling down. The elastic in the seat makes it way into an uncomfortable spot. I think longingly of the old tried and true pairs of underwear I threw away and try to remember if I have thrown that bag of garbage away yet.



--
treena and kootenay
adogabroadayear.wordpress.com

No comments: