Monday, March 08, 2010

Dreams

I love reading Harlequin Romance novels. I love that the couples always work out their troubles. They are completely at odds with what I normally read. Other than romance novels I don't like my fiction to have a happy ending. I like complicated, messy lives entwined by love and lies.

I could be happy if I could spend the rest of my time reading and writing romance novels. In my dream life I would spend six months in my home in Europe and six months in Canada. I would have a home in Vancouver as a base, but I could always spend my time back in Canada hopping from friend to friend. A few months with Treesa. Some time with Michael. Some time with Diane. Some time with Matt and Mel. And I could squeeze in time with Megan & Zach, and Bill and Jen.

I'm sure Kootenay would get used to the flights. She seems happy where ever we end up. Whether we are driving across BC or Alberta in the frozen winter, or flying across the ocean, she always is happy when we get where we are going. Although she is not very fond of the actual travel.

I can picture the house we would build for our European home. I can see the open plan living room, dining room, and kitchen. I can even see the lamps that I would build for over the island. And there would always be extra bedrooms for my friends and family.

I would sit out by the pool and write. I would need to plan on being somewhere the bread van would deliver to. When I stayed with my friends Ana and Carlos. The bread van would come by every other day. He would honk his horn and all the people home in the neighbourhood would come out and buy bread. The back of the truck was insulated so the bread would still be warm when he came by. It was the closest I have come to perfect relationship.

Now I just need a little stake to get this plan underway.

No comments: