Thursday, March 11, 2010

Warm Daze

The pool will be nice. I'm a bit concerned about the dog. She loves
water. She will jump in the pool. Whenever we get close to a beach she
runs to the water. She loves to lie in the waves and have the water
wash over her. She will even lie down in a puddle if it is deep
enough. Guess this mean a few hours of training for her and me. She
will need to learn to recognize the stair exit no matter from where
she enters the pool.

I want to have a ramp as well. If Steve comes to visit I want him to
be able to access the pool as well. He will need to be able to get a
wheelchair in and out. It won't be a true zero entry pool, but the
ramp will be wide enough to give him access.

The 25 meter width will be great for keeping in shape. I hope to swim
a number of laps each day before I write. The morning will be a nice
30 minute walk with the pooch, a few laps and then some tea and toast.
Then writing. Then if I am lucky it will be bread guy day. Some warm
rolls, a glass of wine, and a nice salad before tucking into the
latest book.

Amongst the chairs around the pool will be one that lies flat. It will
be where I read on sunny days. The dog will have her own bed beside
it. If she gets up on my chair it won't be long until it stinks of wet
dog so badly I won't want to be on it.

After a few hours of reading I will have to track down some friends to
meet for dinner. I don't want to send too much time alone. It is easy
for me to do. I can slip into a routine of eating, reading and walking
the dog very easily. It's not exactly the more people I meet the more
I love my dog, but….


--
treena and kootenay
adogabroadayear.blogspot.com

No comments: