Friday, March 12, 2010

Outdoor Water

If it is off the pool I want to have it raised. It would be great a few steps higher than the pool, so it doesn't feel like you are just sitting in the pool. I could turn on the jets, lie back, sip a glass of wine and enjoy the stars. And I wouldn't have to worry about the dog trying to get in with me. She would definitely jump in a pool, but she would never climb a step to get into warm swirly water. But, if it is too open and too far from the bedroom… well no naked tubbing.

But, if it is next to the bedroom, what do I do when I head to bed early and my guests use it. I would be tempted to eavesdrop. That rarely goes well. Don't want to overhear a list of my faults. (short list, but still it might hurt)

When I stayed with Ana and Carlos I loved their outdoor shower. It was not something you use often in Canada. Too cold most of the year. You would end up freezing bits off. A few times I would open my eyes from rinsing the soap from my hair and find the dog sitting inside the shower stall watching me rinse. It startled me at first. You don't often find a giant hairy white dog sitting in the shower stall watching you shower.

So I definitely need an outdoor shower as well as hot tub. Maybe the shower I off the bedroom patio and the hot tub stays down by the pool. Other than Kootenay I can't imagine very many people needing to shower on my patio. K only likes it until you try to shower her. The minute you aim the shower head at her she is off. Although when it is really warm, she like drink from any water you try to wash her with. So I guess while I get to use it, the shower will also be for the dog. I have hear people say "love me love my dog" this time it will be "shower for me shower for my dog".

Guess this all requires a bit more thought.

No comments: