Monday, March 01, 2010

A New Cooking Plan

Eating better. It is not an easy task. This week I started a new routine. I have made up a menu, bought the appropriate groceries and am trying four new recipes.

All my old standbys are boring me. I can make a darn good panko crusted chicken breast. And my oven-roasted potatoes are fantastic.

One of the things I missed while travelling through Portugal was a variety of potato options. There were no baked potatoes with sour cream and chives and no garlic and lemon oven roasted nugget potatoes. Don't misunderstand they can rock the French fry and their olive oil over boiled potatoes was really nice, but I didn't realize how many different ways there are to get your starch in Canada.

So to start the new cooking plan I made chicken cutlets dredged in garlic and panko with a nice spicy honey lemon sauce. Yummy and apparently low in fat.

Tonight I made a grapefruit avocado salsa and served it on broiled herb crusted pork chops with a lovely jasmine rice sidedish.

Guess what I am having for lunch tomorrow. Ah leftovers. They are so much better than sandwiches.

No comments: